Boyer Hall Room Reservations
There are currently two conference rooms and a patio area available for reservation. These spaces are intended to support the mission of the Molecular Biology Institute, which is to advance scientific progress through collaboration and education.
Policies & Guidelines
Requests for booking can be made online. Requests are reviewed by the MBI office and prioritized based on the affiliation of the requestor (MBI Faculty, MBIDP student, associated lab personnel), the size of the group and the purpose of the meeting.
NOTE: Due to high demand by large interdisciplinary groups, Boyer Hall 159 is not available to individual labs for weekly lab meetings.
General use policies:
- Reservations will be confirmed by the MBI office administrator
- Reservations can be made up to 2 quarters ahead of time (except in cases of an Annual meeting/conference)
- Rooms are available from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Requests for bookings after 5pm or on weekends will be considered on a case-by-case basis, based on the priorities listed above and require an FSR.
- Groups must start and end on time
- Reservations should allow enough time to clean and re-set the room furniture to its original state
- The door/window system can only be opened by Boyer Hall staff and should be closed when the meeting/event has finished
- Keys to any of the conference rooms or kitchen for out-of-hours use can be signed out for a maximum of 24 hours (or over a weekend in the case of a Friday night event)
- The Boyer Hall patio can be reserved only when room 159 is not in use by another group, due to noise issues
- Occasionally, reservations will be canceled to accommodate high-priority events. In this case, requesters will be notified as soon as possible
Any of the following will limit a group’s ability to reserve Boyer Hall room(s) in the future:
- Remaining in the room after the reservation time, preventing the next group from starting their meeting
- Canceling the meeting without notifying the MBI office (i.e. No Show)
- Leaving furniture in disarray
- Failing to clean up food items and wipe tables
- Damage to any part of the conference room(s) or patio
- Failing to return room keys within the times listed above
- Leaving any exterior doors open at the end of an event
- Lack of professional courtesy when communicating with Boyer Hall staff
Boyer Hall Conference Room Staff:
|Altagracia Alvarado||Administrative Coordinator||Boyer Hall 168||(310) 825-1018|
|Oren Saig||Asst. Building Manager||Boyer Hall 135||(310) 825-7124|
|Michael Kane||Building Manager||Boyer Hall 127||(310) 825-8887|
Sigman Room (Boyer 130)
- Maximum capacity: 30-40 (classroom style)
- Laptops connect via VGA or HDMI.
- LED display monitor requires extendable pointer (no laser pointer)
- NOTE: there is no amplified sound system in this room.
- Maximum Capacity: 100
- Laptop connection via VGA or HDMI
- Projector and projection screen
- Sound capable
- Available for use with Boyer 159 room reservation